Friday, June 1, 2012

20 Days Until Due Date

20 Days until due date.

Yesterday I was reflecting on the day I went into labor with Henry.  I remember being super uncomfortable the night before I went into labor.  I didn’t really sleep well and had some contractions or what I thought were contractions.  That morning of my due date, I had a prenatal check up.  I had zero dilation – pretty no signs of labor on horizon.  But believe it or not, my midwife thought I was going to go into labor that weekend.  My due was a Friday.  Sure enough, that same evening, I was in labor!  Zero to baby in less than 24 hours.  It goes to show that baby comes when baby is ready.  I don’t even think I was dilated after an hour or two of labor!  My body or my mind fought hard against it.  I need to learn how to relax under major physical pain.  Seems like an oxymoron to me.

I didn’t really think the baby would be born yesterday on exactly 37 weeks.  Now that have had June in my mind for 9 months, I really want a June baby.  I also secretly think it would be really cool if the baby would be born on June 14.  Then he and Henry would be 3 years and 3 months apart.  Or June 17 and they would be 3 years, 3 months and 3 days apart.   God knows.  That’s just the nerd in me.  Plus the later in June he is born the longer into the summer we will have Dave home.  As far as we know, he gets 12 weeks paid time off for the birth.

Yesterday my child slept until 10 am.  Today he was up just after 6 am.  Guess he’s getting me ready for random sleeping! 

No comments: