Friday, June 22, 2012

Hudson Part 1

DSC_0633.jpg

I woke up late Monday night or early Tuesday morning to go the bathroom.  I had just gone to bed around 11:30.  I had a conversation with myself that I didn’t understand how the pressure could be so great and not have labor soon.  But I also told myself I had had the thought for days.  I went to the bathroom and went back to bed. 

I woke up not long after with the beginning of a rush of fluid.  I quickly got out of bed and my water broke on my bedroom floor.  I picked up my cell phone to see it was 2:53 am.  I told Dave and rushed into the bathroom. 

We called the doctor on call and he told us to go to Labor & Delivery. 

We made some calls and texts.  Dave’s mom was at our house soon. 

We drove to the hospital and checked in at L&D.  Between 3 and 4 am.  I wasn’t in labor really.  I was in culture shock and I was scared.

My check in nurse wasn’t warm and fuzzy.  I was already so overtired and her tone increased the fear I was already feeling.  I was constantly praying.  And had Dave praying over me and the baby.

Then she asked me if the baby’s baseline had always been low.  Scared.  What did that mean?  His heart rate was in the low normal range.  Terrified.  Praying.

I got transferred by stretcher to L & D. 

My new nurse was wonderful.  God answered my prayers and I started to relax.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Welcome to the family Hudson!! Can't wait to meet you!!!