Thursday, May 31, 2012

37 Weeks–Countdown Begins

21 Days until due date.  Today marks full term, so the next Mr. Umstead could be born between now and the next 5 weeks. 

Weight?  About the same.

Pain?  I am not sure if I am having braxton hicks contractions or not.  I don’t remember having contraction like pain with Henry before he was born except maybe a few the night before I went into labor.  But seem to have something going on now.  Could be nerve pain from the pressure of the baby’s head.

Feelings/ tiredness?  I seem to be doing okay with feelings and tiredness and then it all hits me like a brick wall and I have zero patience and zero energy. 

Cravings?  I have really enjoyed ice cubes lately which has been driving Dave nuts.  I am so loud chomping down on them.  Part of me just wants to “hog down” because it’s the end.  I think it’s a psychological thing.

Exercise?  I was so busy over the weekend, I got out of my pretty regular routine of either walking or doing tae bo.  I am surprising myself that I can do the entire video.  I have been doing the entire video more at the end of my pregnancy than the beginning.  I think it’s because I am more motivated.  That’s probably why I get so tired too! 

Nesting?  Who knows.   I am a list writer and a task doer from way back, so it’s hard to say if that has increased.

Heat?  I always forget how hot it gets in Maryland in the summer.  Hot!  Does it affect my pregnancy?  I don’t love the sweltering heat, but that is how I feel when I am not pregnant, so I am not sure there is a difference.

Sleep?  Wow, I want to sleep!  Having the dog locked out is amazing.  I try to discipline myself with a routine because that’s just how I roll.  I feel slothful and guilty for sleeping in.  These recent days (last few) I have let myself sleep until 8:30 because I realize, I better sleep now or forever hold my sleep!  Henry is still sleeping!  I am very glad because he doesn’t take naps and he has been really tired lately.  I think he is growing.  We go to church Wednesday night and usually go to a Thursday morning Bible study but I am letting him sleep as long as he wants today.  Better for both of us!

Birth date guesses?  Hmmm.  That’s a tough one.  I would like to say he will come a little early because that’s is my intuition.  Really, I have no idea.  I am not super uncomfortable yet, but if he’s ready to come, come little boy!

Thoughts?  I constantly remind myself of women in other parts of the world and women in our own country who did so much while pregnant. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What babycenter says:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

No comments: