Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Henry’s Funny Little Ways

Yesterday I was at a local hardware store looking at paint swatches.  There was another woman very close to us.  I was very distracted trying to match something from memory when Henry kept repeating that, “I hied this, mommy,” and pointing to the lady.  I couldn’t figure it out.  Would could he have hidden.  Then the women said, “He did hi me.”  He was trying to tell me that he said hello to the woman.  “I hied this, mommy.”  So cute.

So today at my prenatal check up the receptionist was saying hello to Henry in the waiting room, trying to make conversation.  She asked if he was playing with the toys and he told her no.  And then said, “My dog ate my poop.”  She just looked.  The statement was very sick but very true.  I was hoping to remove it from any part of my memory but the visual I didn’t want was fresh again.  Henry indeed had pooped in his potty in the morning and when I went to clean it out a few minutes later, Maggie had had herself a snack.  I wanted to vomit.  I still do.  I do think it’s funny that’s what Henry chose to tell the receptionist.  Not sure if she liked having the information.  Probably not.

No comments: