Sunday, May 27, 2012

Class of 2012!

Well, I wish I could say I have some photos – they will have to come later.  Most of them were quite blurry because the lighting was dim and I haven’t had the time to go through the rest.  We have had a busy weekend.

Saturday morning there was a graduation breakfast for the graduates with some special guest speakers.  I had booked Henry’s first real babysitter in our house weeks in advance to make sure I got to give special focus to my husband on his special day.  I am truly so proud of the price he has paid and the choices he has made.  It is his heart to follow after God and it was so uplifting to be with the rest of the class and their families that have made the same choices.  It was also nice to get ready quickly (so much faster than with a 3 year old) and not have to rush out the door wondering what I was forgetting.  Having a babysitter was a total gift from God!  We had such a great time eating and chatting at the breakfast.  And the testimonies and speakers were so encouraging. 

I went home for a little while to grab my camera and pick up Rye and Tim for the graduation. 

Another special part of the day was seeing my very dear friend Rachelle who was in my wedding.  We have only seen each other once over the last 7 to 8 years and sitting next to her during the ceremony was a real treat. 

When the class marched out into the audience and I saw Dave in his cap and gown, I wanted to bawl my head off.  I am so proud of my husband.  It’s such a blessing to have a husband, though imperfect like everyone else, who really wants to follow God.  He has paid the price (which it’s never really a price when choosing God) in so many areas and has sacrificed.  I love him so much.

He graduated with an Associates in Biblical Studies and will continue his Bible College education.  Go David!

Some family was in town and able to attend the graduation as well and we had an impromptu gathering at our house with Grammie, Stacey, Molly, Sam, Rye and Tim.  We pretty much collapsed from exhaustion when everyone left.  Henry literally did. 

Today after church, my friend Rachelle stopped by before heading back to New York.  She was only going to stay a little while.  Our conversation was so intense, when we looked at the clock it had been over two hours!  I am so thankful we got that time together!  I love you, Rachelle!

No comments: