Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rustic Barn Wood Headboard

This headboard is part of our bedroom redo.  We haven’t completely finished the entire room but it’s coming soon.

bedroom1

DSC_0842-1.jpg

It all began with a pile of wood my Uncle Johnny removed from a farm he was working on and brought to their farm.  He was planning on burning it in a bonfire.  I had been planning a pallet headboard but just hadn’t gotten around to gathering the pallets over the last few months I had been planning it.  So, I created a design in my head to fit our king size sleep number bed.  I knew I need a space for the hoses and I didn’t want it too high because of the window behind it.

DSC_0871-1.jpg

Johnny helped me screw the boards into the support.  He actually did it for me!

DSC_0871-1.jpg

Stacey and Johnny put this beast in my car for me.  Getting it home was an adventure.

DSC_0871-1.jpg

With the rain off an on, it has been difficult to get a few days in a row with now rain to seal it.  It took us (Dave and me) a few weeks to seal the old paint in.  Then Dave installed it this past weekend.

bedroom2

Just after installation.

bedroom3

With less pillows so you can see more of the headboard.

bedroom4

Another with less pillows to see more of the headboard.

[bedroom%255B11%255D.jpg]

No comments: