Thursday, August 23, 2012

48 Hours into a Sugar & Caffeine Fast

Yikes!  Wednesday I woke up with a massive headache presumably from all of the diet soda, coffee and sugar I inhaled the day before.  It was the straw that broke the camel’s back along with foggy thinking and generally feeling under the weather (that could be from lack of sleep but why add insult to injury).  I have been thinking about a sugar fast and tried one several times since my major one a year ago.  But have had little success in lasting very long in it.  Dave always says pain is a major motivator.  And I am not your eat one piece of chocolate type of gal.  More like eat the whole bag.  No self-control when it comes to chocolate.  None.  Too bad chocolate wasn’t a fruit of the Spirit instead of self-control.  I would be golden! 

The conviction has come on strong about wanting to have energy and good health (God-willing) to run around with my two little boys.  They are my main motivation in getting through these last two days of flu-like symptoms.  Major headaches, nausea and to top it off I am trying desperately to not take over the counter sleep aids which I have done for over 10 years.  I am not the greatest sleeper.  But I will attempt to go with out the drugs.  We will see. 

I have barely lived through the side effects 'Winking smilebut the cravings really haven’t been bad.  Who feels like eating chocolate when you can hardly lift your head?  Well, I do!  No, just joking.  I haven’t really and that’s a first for me!

No comments: