Wednesday, September 28, 2011

From Dump to Trump

sept1.jpg
sept1-2.jpg
DSC_0664.jpg
Here it is in the basement.  It was probably used as a workshop table for over 30 years by the previous owner’s husband before he passed away.
sept1-2.jpg
Now the basement work table is an office work table and part of the design reveal that will be happening soon.
sept1-4.jpg
I love the idea of using a rustic farm table as an office desk.  And then it dawned on me from the help of my husband that we had one in the basement.
sept1-3.jpg
 
I think my biggest fear was getting it up the narrow stairs and the doorway that angles at the top.  It did it by myself.  With lots of sweat, grunting, a little anger and lots of praying (okay, maybe a lot of grumpiness too). 
 
I painted layers of bright white, dark gray, gold and a coppery clay color.
Moved the table (yuck)
Distressed
Wiped with walnut stain to age
 
 
Linking up here:
Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog
The Shabby Nest
 



PhotobucketMaking Monday Marvelous Linky Partyand then, she {snapped}HookingupwithHoHPhotobucket border=

No comments: