Thursday, March 1, 2012

6 Months Pregnant!!! 16 Weeks to Go!

Wow!  Things are going great.  So thankful.  My belly is definitely growing by the day.  Last night at church someone asked me if I was this tiny with Henry.  I replied that I don’t think you feel tiny when you’re the one who is pregnant.  Ever.  Feeling less and less “tiny” by the day.  But I never have felt “tiny” even when not pregnant.  I don’t really know how my weight compares to my pregnancy with Henry.  I do know that I’m not downing cheeseburgers and milk shakes like they are going out of style, so hopefully that helps.  I gained A LOT of weight with Henry.  Well, more than I should have, though they never told me so. 

Maternity clothes are a bit of a challenge because I am not going to be able to use most of those from Henry’s pregnancy in this one.  I was living in Maine and had him three months earlier in the year which equals dead of winter in Maine.  April, May & June equals pretty hot in Maryland.  We will cope though.  I haven’t been wearing my maternity pants that much yet.  My friend Beth gave me a lecture at church that I am going to ruin my jeans.  I told her it was no big loss.  They are jeans I wasn’t really wearing when not pregnant.

When do I feel the baby move?  I notice he moves a lot when I am in bed.  I do feel him through out the day and if I don’t remember having felt him in the last couple of hours I panic and begin praying.  Ha-ha.  Then he usually moves quite soon because he loves to move!  I feel him moving a lot at church.  I think it’s great what we can subject our children to hearing before they are born.  I remember being very conscious of being in places like the gym that played horrible music when I was pregnant with Henry.  Already wanted to protect his little ears.  I feel the same way about this little one.  I guess that’s why I feel even more guilty when the dog does something like tear up a feather pillow all over my recently washed bed and cleaned room (which she did last night) and I get grumpy and yell at her.  Last night’s church message was great about not taming the tongue in James 3.  I have been studying James on my own through Beth Moore and it’s a book I could study for the rest of my life because I need it.  Don’t we all!

So here is what BabyCenter.com says about 24 weeks pregnant:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.