Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Caught Eating the Cookie Batter

Henry and I made gluten-free cookies this afternoon.  It was his reward for playing and being a good boy while I cleaned the house (my Wednesday job) and did other projects like painted more trim and started repainting the hallway because we decided the color was too dark for an area with no windows.

DSC_0744.jpg

We tried a new gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe and they came out great!  Here’s Henry sneaking some bites on the mixer.

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

When I was putting the cookies in the oven, I told Henry not to touch the mixer.  I turned around to find him sneaking quick bites while I wasn’t looking.  I thought it was so cute that I went to get my camera.  When I came back in the room, he had grabbed the bag of the remaining chocolate chips and was eating as many as he could as fast as he could.

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

Yummy.  Eating his creation.

Henry’s been quite the ticket lately.  I wish I would remember to write them all down when he says things.  The last couple of days when he’s stuck – like teetering on the edge of some height – he yells, “Help me, God!”  It’s so cute.

He has been making Maggie into different farm animals.  Yesterday she was Lulu the horse and he put her on the front porch with a kitchen towel on her back that he called a horse blanket.  The front porch switches between the barn and the pasture.

Today he told me he needed a towel.  We he located one he declared he was superman and then he was super Henry.

No comments: