Thursday, March 15, 2012

26 Weeks/ 6.5 Months–14 Weeks to Go

Feeling great this week.  I need to schedule my glucose test before my next appointment but keep putting it off.  Sleeping is getting a little more challenging.  I am tired but seem to have more energy than before.  It could all be in my head. 

Baby boy is still moving and kicking a lot!

Henry either has a cold or allergies.  I am thinking allergies since everything is in bloom.  Dave stays home with him on Wednesday nights if he doesn’t seem fit to go into the nursery because Dave is at Bible College three nights a week.  It was his birthday last night but I really wanted to go to church.  So glad I did.  Such a great message!  At one point during the service my notebook or Bible was laying up against my belly.  When baby boy kicked the booked moved forward.  It was so cute.

I am definitely showing now.  I think some people finally realize I am pregnant.  I wasn’t showing and then all of the sudden I am really showing.   Kind of shocking to general acquaintances.  Someone said to me yesterday she didn’t realize I was that far along.  Well… I have been pregnant for six months!  Almost in my 3rd trimester.

Here’s what Babycenter.com says about this week:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

No comments: