Thursday, March 29, 2012

Entering the Third Trimester

So grateful to God to have made it this far and with an uneventful pregnancy.  We will soon learn about the glucose test and see how the rest goes. 

I am trying to keep myself active on a daily basis for my own health and attitude needs.  I just believe exercise is the best medicine even though it takes every ounce of my being to force myself into it.

I also feel I could sleep much later than I do.  Which part of me says to take advantage of Henry’s recent sleeping habits of sleeping late, but the bigger part of me likes to take advantage of the quiet time in the morning to build my soul up.  I think we are all better off with that choice Winking smile.

Dave and I have actually discussed a couple of names.  And a couple have made it to his “maybe” list.  I have learned to be patient with our differences in the way we do things over the almost 10 years we have been married.  I used to be convinced that my way was just right.  Now I try to allow him to do things his different way without high pressure of just wanting to get things done.  Although sometimes I do get impatient.  No lie.  And I do agree that I don’t think we will ever really know “the” name until the end.  Just how we roll.

Henry’s level of acceptance and understanding that he has a baby brother seems to be going up.  Yesterday his father asked him if he had a check up and he replied no and then asked if his mommy did.  He told him that it was the baby that had a test.  So cute.  Sometimes he gets pretty rough with me and I have to tell him that he could hurt the baby.  He always responds by apologizing to me and the baby.  It’s so adorable.

Here is what baby center says about this week:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments: