Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pinterest & More

I have recently been trying to cut out refined sugar.  Mostly because: I don’t like how it makes me feel while I’m pregnant; I know it’s terrible for me and I have a fear of getting gestational diabetes.   Tonight was a big fail.  I have been able to make gluten free brownies for Dave & Henry and not eat them.  Not so much today.

Betty Crocker does make some really good gluten free mixes.  Really good.

I started reading Wheat Belly.

wheat belly

I find it very fascinating.  He has been able to cure his own diabetes and many others by eliminating wheat.  99% if the world’s wheat supply is from a genetically altered form that was created to solve the world hunger problem.  That is really awesome but the havoc it reeks on the human body not so.  It actually increases blood sugar more than table sugar. 

I finished Winter Garden in like 48 hours.

great book/ very intense.

I really, really enjoyed it. 

==============================================================================

I try to listen to our ministry’s live radio program as much as I can.  It’s called the Grace Hour and I listen online at www.gracehour.org.  Yesterday and today were a message split in two from the founding pastor on discipline.  It really struck a chord with me.  I have been meditating on it ever since.  It’s so easy to settle for the bad disciplines we have already formed and give up on allowing God to form new disciplines.  And these are from the smallest to the greatest tasks in our lives.  So good to focus on.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pinterest

great

 

Via.  I think this is so true.  Or maybe better said let God form it into something good over time.  I have recently heard so many heart breaking stories of childhood abuse and the sudden death of a husband of over 20 years.  Wow.  A lot.  It’s amazing how God can take the heart break in our lives and turn it into something good for the kingdom. 

walls.

Via.  What a fabulous entryway.

windows, artwork ♥

Via.  Artwork and windows.

the Barefoot Contessa barn kitchen - I love Barefoot Contessa's entire property!

Via.  Barefoot Contessa’s barn kitchen.  ♥

gray island, pendents, white cabinets ♥

Via.  This kitchen is COOL!

Office

Via.  Barefoot Contessa’s barn office!

 www.kathryn-brook...

Via.  My gifted cousin’s business.

Walls

Via.  I love the walls in this bedroom.

Love the window!

Via.  Window love!

===============================================================================

I stole this photo off someone’s facebook.  Our pastor turned 15 today.  Well, he’s only had 15 birthdays since it falls on Leap Year!  Happy birthday, Pastor Schaller.  So grateful for your life!

No comments: