Thursday, February 2, 2012

20 Weeks Pregnant–Halfway Point

I can’t believe I am at the halfway point of this pregnancy but on the other hand I can’t believe I have equally as long to go as I have already been.  Maybe because I am tired today. 

I am very blessed, though, to have such a great pregnancy so far.  So grateful. 

So things I have been thinking about lately:

  • This kid moves a lot!  And I can feel him move from the outside already! 
  • I just don’t feel like exercising.  Usually I can force myself even when I don’t feel like it but I just don’t have any will power.  I am so tired when I have a free moment to do it (like now), that I just want to sit and veg out.
  • I go from wanting to eat raw vegetables to craving a hot fudge sundae or a greasy diner burger.  Sounds pretty darn good right now.
  • Did I say that I am tired?  Just kidding.  I have no memory.  Today I asked my friend when I was at her house this week and she said yesterday.  Wow, yesterday seems so far away (ha-ha).
  • Sleeping is already not easy because I am a light sleeper and my sense of hearing seems like it’s on steroids.  This morning the coffee maker it the kitchen seemed like it was on a loud speaker.
  • I don’t really feel grumpy or bawly or mad.  I do bawl at things more easily like reading a story about starving children in Africa could really push me over the edge.  Like Sunday when I was watching Downton Abbey I wanted to bawl about the hardships WWI soldiers endured.  So I guess I am bawly but not if someone said what’s wrong with your hair or told me they have a problem with me. 
  • Speaking of food, I am starving.  I go from not feeling like anything to starving so fast. 
  • I have very weird dreams but that is pretty typical of me.  For some reason a major theme has always been airplane crashes.  I just seem to have them more often now.  Either I see an airplane crash or I have been in an airplane crash.  Weird, I know.

Here is what Baby Center says about 20 Weeks:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments: