Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stomach Flu–Lingering Illness

Little man still has some lingering sickness.  I am afraid his throat is sore.  I am hoping the vomiting that he did twice yesterday and once so far today are just because his stomach is sensitive due to such a severe case of the stomach flu and not because of something else like strep.  I have been on my knees begging God to take this away from little Henry.  It rips my heart out to see him sick.   I am so grateful to God that he has perked up the last couple of days though still lethargic and not himself.  I am also grateful for another major answer to prayer which is he pooped a big poop this morning.  I was having fears of some type of blockage.  He also has been able to keep some food and fluid down and we found something he is willing to drink.  All major answers to prayer.  I am taking him to the doctor tomorrow to make sure there isn’t something else going on like strep throat.  Please pray he makes a full recovery and is able to rest the remainder of this day.  He is taking a nap with his father right now.

A miracle from God is that Dave had taken off Friday and Monday because they were the only days left the rest of the year.  I am so glad he has been home.  He’s been so encouraging and helpful when I have been a nervous wreck.  He has been doing mounds of vomit covered laundry, mopping up it up on the floors and has even forced me to leave the house a couple of times to get me out of here.  Last night I went to Hamden again with my friend Beth.  I had a good time but felt very guilty and missed my baby the whole time.

We have been a solid week with illness in this house starting out with Dave having some sort of virus last Sunday night. Don’t get me wrong.  I am not complaining.  I would take a week or two of sickness over so many things and am extremely grateful for the faithfulness of God.  I just can’t seem to function normally when it’s going on – like not making dinner for a solid week.  Poor Dave.  He is such a good sport.

No comments: