Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baby’s Heartbeat Just Shy of 13 Weeks

I got to hear the baby’s heartbeat this afternoon at my just shy of 13 week doctor’s appointment.  I had the same reaction I did with Henry.  I started laughing.  My mid-wife I had in Maine told me that usually people either laugh or cry.  I am a laugher.  

My next ultrasound is scheduled for after my next doctor’s appointment which will be in 4 weeks.  So I will be 18 weeks when I go for the ultrasound.  I guess that’s a standard time to get the ultrasound and we get to find out the sex of the baby.  Very exciting.

Have I told you that I absolutely love my doctor?  I have never had a doctor as nice and wonderful as this one.  For anything.  I am so thankful for her.  My friend Amy recommended her.

Last week I had some serious nausea which the doctor said is completely normal for it to come and go throughout the entire pregnancy.

My favorite part of the appointment is getting weighed and it happens first.  Yes, total sarcasm.  The nurse said that some women won’t even open their eyes and don’t want to be told what it is.  I had to look.  I thought for sure it was going to be terrible with Thanksgiving, Holiday cooking and my exercise routine not disappearing but certainly not 6 or 7 days a week which is my goal.  So, this will be the only time I post this I’m sure.  I was so happy to only have gained less than 2 pounds.  Don’t worry, I am not a psycho-weight freak.  I am definitely not one to talk about my weight or criticize others.  I wasn’t worried about how much I gained with Henry.  I gained too much!  It’s just one of those parts of the doctor’s appointments that we all hate.

Yesterday when I took Henry into the ever-busy post office (tis the season), a wonderful woman offered to fill out my address for me on my envelope.  So nice.  Then a retired pediatrician was behind me in line and held Henry’s hand when I was at the counter.  Then today the lady at the gate to pay for parking told me it would be $4 and when I started to hand her my money told me I was all set.  It took a while for it to sink in.  I have been so blessed by random strangers the last 48 hours.  Thank You, Jesus.

No comments: