Friday, December 2, 2011

11 Weeks

A little over 11 weeks with baby number 2. 

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

text from www.babycenter.com.

I am feeling the first trimester dizziness start to wane. 

Most of my cravings have been in the moment and maybe just more intense than my usual cravings.  I have eaten dairy and gluten a couple of times and paid dearly with stomach aches, mood swings and a severe head ache last night.  I won’t tell you what I ate because it processed and fast food and just about the worst thing I could eat and then add some white chocolate peppermint fudge on top of it.  Not good. 

Most of the time I crave fresh vegetables or something really weird to me.  I crave a whopper jr from Burger King.  But get this.  I don’t crave the meat or the cheese.  I crave eating a slice of fresh tomato, lettuce, onion, ketchup and mayo.  So I have had several of those sandwiches on gluten free bread.  My normal self when I was eating such things would have asked for a plain cheeseburger with no vegetables and no condiments.  When I was a kid my mom would make blt’s for dinner once in a while.  I am NOT a bacon fan.  Yuck.  Well, I would eat mine without the bacon.  Had one today.  Something I never think of.  Never.  Weird to crave. 

I have been craving Mexican food.  Dave and I have had several gluten free and dairy free taco salads lately.  They are super delish.  They have to be for Dave to agree to eat them over and over too.  We did go get some Mexican the other day.  I had to order mine with a corn shell and no cheese or sour cream.  It was still magnificent.   Probably had some kind of something in it I shouldn’t have eaten because I went right home and fell asleep.  Could just be hormone overload.

1 comment:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Wow, congrats! That is big news!