Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Natural Remedies

The best natural or should I say supernatural remedy is prayer.  I want to sincerely thank all of those who have approached the throne of grace for Henry and our family this time and every time you do!  I believe in the power of prayer.

http://www.earthclinic.com/ 

This website is great for natural remedies to ailments (***DISCLAIMER***any new age propaganda I am definitely not into – just the natural remedies).   My French, missionary friend Sarah recommended it.

I have battling being a nervous wreck while my poor child heaves and gags with nothing left to come out.  This is when he wakes up from sleeping every 15 to 30 minutes.  Wanting to trade places is an understatement.   I am quite sure, at this point, the ER would exhaust him more and would be able to do nothing to cure what seems like a very nasty stomach virus.

David suggested looking on the internet.  I remember my naturopath doctor recommending baking soda which we tried but was quickly vomited up.

We just, when taking a break from writing this little post, force fed him a tablespoon of raw onion juice and a tablespoon of peppermint tea.  We will see how that remedy stays down. 

***it didn’t stay down.***  Guess there’s no way to beat a stomach virus than to let it run its course or be healed. 

No comments: