Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Big Brother!

We are all so blessed to have so many wonderful memories of Vinny.  He was larger than life and the memories he left are so big they will fill our lifetime.  It’s his fourth birthday in heaven.  Gone suddenly a little less than 3.5 years ago.  It’s so strange to grow older without him here.  We were always talking about our ages – we were 17 months apart.  Well, 1 year, 4 months and 27 days to be exact. 

I was recently thinking about, though we were poor when we were really little, we were so blessed to grow up where we did.  The tree forts, walks in the woods, and running through the fields.  I wouldn’t trade anything if it meant a life without memories with my big brother.  Though they were not all good at the time.  Several fights.  I don’t think we could go 10 seconds in a car when we were 10 and 11 without arguing.   Zac and I often joke we could win the TV series survivor (I have never really seen it) after living with Vinny’s hair trigger temper in his high school years.

This photo was taken outside of Stacey’s first house right after she got married to Myriah & Victor’s dad.

No comments: