Thursday, December 29, 2011

James 1:27

Pinned Image

God has really been impressing things on my heart.  Too much to talk about.  I have been doing a Beth Moore Bible study on the book of James.  God has grown my heart even bigger for the orphans and widows.  And for the poor of this world.  Growing up in New England there is so much pride passed down in being independent, being self-sufficient, not having any vulnerability.  I think this is especially true in the church.  Last night’s message was a continuation of what God has been speaking to me.  God does not give up on us and say, “What are you doing, you bunch of idiots”.  And He could.  I have inherited this New England impatience for lack of competence.   I realize it’s my choice, my sin whatever you want to call.  But it’s not from God.  Conviction.  Thank God, God loves us so deeply.  Thank God He doesn’t treat us with the same lack of love and impatience we treat each other.  Thank You, Lord, for your mercy for our ignorance thinking we (I) are so smart and so much better.

No comments: