Thursday, December 22, 2011

Second Trimester of Pregnancy Two Begins

It’s so funny how sometimes I completely forget I’m pregnant.  Someone will ask me when I’m due and then I’m like, oh yeah, I’m pregnant.  Of course that’s not all the time, I just get so engrossed in daily life.  So here we are entering into the second trimester.  I can hardly believe it.  I have been blessed with my second uneventful pregnancy so far and am grateful and praying it stays that way. 

I have this feeling we are having a girl but, of course, we would be thrilled with either one.  I brought up one name to Dave so far and he completely vetoed it right away.  Said it was an old lady’s name.  I told him it goes with Henry then because he has an old man’s name.  That’s our role with names.  He doesn’t suggest, just vetoes.  Which I guess isn’t out of the ordinary and is better than him being madly in love with some horrible name.  The Ukrainian adoption story couple I am following has the same set up with the name situation.  She suggests and he vetoes.  Names do grow on Dave.  I suggested Henry and he said no way.  Then it really started to grow on him.  We didn’t even have a name before I gave birth and an hour or so after he was born he was named Henry.  We both think it’s the perfect name for him.  He’s such a Henry.

Speaking of Henry.  He’s getting very, very, very bossy/demanding.  We spent the day with my aunt Stacey and he ordered her around.  I know it’s terrible but I can’t help laughing.  I am creating a monster.  Well, he’s perfect but I am not doing much to stop his bossiness.   Henry requested Stacey sing Jingle Bells about 5,000 times and then he sang it the  rest of the day.  He sings all the time and makes up his own songs too.  Last night on the way home from church he sang a “no” song to the tune of twinkle, twinkle little star.  Such a little character.

No comments: