Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

P3230005

Relaxing in his shoes!   Got these shoes on sale at Zappos!

P3230007

Last week we went to a grocery outlet with Rye and her pregnant friend Krista.   It was my first time and is worth the drive.  It’s my thrift Thursday tip.

P3230008

I think the store is run by Amish folks which is pretty cool too!

P3230009

I used to think of cheap grocery stores as having some poor quality no-name brand products only, but this outlet has many, many name brand items.  You do have to check the expiration date.   For example, I was able to get extra virgin olive oil for $2.50 in the same size container I would normally pay $6 or $7 on sale.  That is huge savings.

P3230013

Someone has enjoyed playing in his stroller this week.

P3240015

I took the time to make chicken stock from scratch the end of last week.  A definite first for me.

P3240037

Henry is very nurturing to his animals and other toys.  He always is feeding them.  Dave taught him this.  He is forever lining them up in front of the hay bale and feeding trough.

P3250038

I think Henry enjoys putting the crayons back in the box better than actually coloring.

P3250039

Then dumping them out again.

P3250044

A beautiful cardinal on our neighbor’s roof.

P3250047

My new sunny window craft/sewing area.  So nice.  I was having such a hard time using my sewing machine on the craft table in Henry’s room or lugging everything to the dining room.  Plus that side of the house tends to be darker.  Thank God for a new use of space in our living room!

P3260048

I have never been an apron wearer but thoroughly enjoy making them minus the straps.

P3260049

I bought a pattern at Joanne’s a few weeks ago and just decided to make another one (apron).  That last one turned out really way.  It’s a great way to make a meaningful gift.  You can also get on Joanne’s mailing list and get deep discount coupons to save on gorgeous and expensive fabric.  For some reason I gravitate towards the priciest.  They do not take coupons for patterns.  But they have a bunch for under $5!

P3290066

Thrifty Thursday: family fun.  Take a walk to a local park.  Your child will probably love it better than any fast food playground or movie!  Plus it’s great to get fresh air and watch your child play!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

loved these photos with captions...