Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Attitude Adjusted

I am posting this comment I posted to my cousin’s blog for all ya alls who have wasted half your day doing nothing and then had to repent because of your attitude.  That’d be me today.

I drove to the MVA or DMV or meanplace (whatever they call it in Maryland) two times with an almost two year old to get a license. AND after my two drives and long lines and basically wanting to punch myself, I had to go to the library down the road to print out ANOTHER document because, you know, ssn cards and passports and ID’s are just not enough to get a license now (and the 50 thousand pieces of mail I brought with me).

So, I printed one out after being told I needed a library card (you need a Maryland license to get a library card ha-ha) to use the computer and I told the lady I was going to bawl. She let me use it. Returned to my favorite place and then the sweet lady (very, very sarcastic) behind the counter told me the document she checked the second time round wasn’t the right one (we were on the third round).

Then Dave calls in the middle of it and wonders why I am going to kill myself as Henry throws his juice cup at the 5 million people in line. Yeah. Totally get the dumb moves and wanting to blame other people. Because guess what? I don’t have a license. And, furthermore, I don’t want one.  Well, yes I do.  But it took me a while to forgive the state employees and then myself.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm sorry but this did make me laugh. For two reasons 1. The DMV just screams "let's have a problem." 2. For some reason Pete and I brought Nevaeh to the Waterville town hall to get our marriage license and had a similar experience as you had with Henry. Except there were two of us to handle her.