Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dress Success

Embracing many things today:  My messy craft table, my sewing machine, my camera, my child, my naughty dog and, most importantly, the Word of God.

dress 001  messy craft table.  i never thought i would have a craft table.  never.

dress 002

can you see the dust on my sewing machine.  must be from the fabric i’ve been cutting.  certainly not for lack of use.

dress 003

minor success with my first little girl’s dress (around size 4 or 5).

I ended up throwing out the pattern towards the end. 

I would say it is my first piece clothing but I made a sweatshirt in home economics in middle school.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

dress 006

My chubs and I playing in the chair.

Linking up over here today:

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I can so relate to so many of the kings in the Old Testament who did what was right in the sight of God until things weren’t going their way and things were going better for other people.  Then they started worshipping the gods of those people. 

(now, don’t freak out people.  i am not going off the deep end.  i am reading my Bible, praying and doing devotionals.  i love God.  I can just relate when i reflect back to times or even moments in my life).

don’t we all give God a chance in an area and then, if things aren’t in our timing, we take it into our own hands?  whether fixing other people, putting our nose to the grind stone in our own strength, taking the easy road out, living in bitterness?  we build high places to other gods and offer sacrifices of thought, time, money and energy.

wow, we are all alike.  it’s only resurrection life that changes us just like it changed aaron’s rod in Numbers 17.

it’s only God’s life in us that qualifies us.  not us.  Galations 2:20.  not our brains, not our educations, not our gifts, not our hard work, not our looks, not our social status.  just Jesus.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Good job on the dress! I'm a sometime sewer/crafter too, who never thought I'd have a craft table either. It's kind of addictive! But, mine is kind of dusty...for real lately. I've got a project in mine to dust it off for though I think.

Kara @ June & Bear said...

I'm so jealous of your craft table (even if it is messy) and your ability to sew (even if the machine is dusty). Cute dress.

Stephani Cochran said...

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I really enjoyed your post and reading a bit about you. And most of all, thanks for sharing your dust! In blog world it seems we so often see the perfection in other peoples lives; everyone puts their best foot forward always. Glad to know I'm not the only one with dust!

Erin said...

Excellent reflection, Rachael. Thanks for sharing that! There is a lot of good stuff to embrace. But, most of all, Jesus!

katherine said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog ;)
I've just tidied my craft table. Feels so good (and inspiring), but it won't last long I'm sure! Love your first dress, your photo skills, and your cute little man :)

Boni Lady said...

Thanks for visiting my Embrace!! Love your's as well! God sure is good, huh? Love HIM! Bless YOU!

Moments and Impressions said...

I just made myself a little craft space... I am really excited about it! That dress is adorable!