Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Less Than Two Weeks

It’s less than two weeks when my baby will be two years old.  I just can’t grasp it.  The time has flown and at the same time my life began the day he was born (I can’t picture my life pre-Henry anymore).

P3010081

I need to figure out what’s up with my camera because this is the only photo that saved from the park today.

Back to Henry’s birthday.  So far I am not feeling the huge birthday party thang.  It seems too overwhelming for him and definitely a lot of work on me.  I don’t mind planning a party but I want it to all be meaningful to Henry where Henry is today, not just to have some photos to look back on.

So, we are trying to do a fun activity each day in honor of his birthday month.

Today we went to the park and went to his first basketball game at GGCA.  Our church’s school’s team, Lisa’s son and Beth and Amy’s brother (all the same person) is on the varsity team and they made the finals (I think that is very common for them).  They are an excellent team and Henry and I both enjoyed the action on the court and socializing with the crowd.  So much fun!

What I am NOT happy about is that Dave brought these home

OldBay

BECAUSE I love Old bay and find them ADDICTING.  You just can’t bring addicting food into the house.  Dave seems to get a kick out of items that make me lose self control.   I am not even a big chip eater. 

Come on Herr’s why did you do this to me?

Like I have mentioned before discipline has been on my mind this year.  Spiritual discipline.  It's so important to filter or be selective about the world in which we surround ourselves (some things are out of our control) and the thoughts we allow ourselves to think.  I was thinking today that if we work out but eat lots of junk our progress will be hinder.

If we go to church, pray and read our Bibles but have no filter on what we take in mentally, emotionally or physically the other times, our spiritual growth will be hindered.  That’s not to say go hyper legalistic and cut everything out of your life (like Herr’s Old Bay chips :)).  You know what I’m saying?  Just staying in tune with a loving, gracious, merciful God.

Thank you to all of you who have been forced into following my blog.  How can I guilt YOU into following too?  Just click follow on the right side.

No comments: