Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Link Love

We have been celebrating Henry’s 2nd Birthday in small ways all month.  And Dave and I started this birthday tradition called birthday weekend that will extend to Henry beginning this year.  One day just isn’t long enough to truly celebrate and appreciate this beautiful little life with which God has entrusted us to parent.  The pouring out of love needs to be at least a weekend.  So now we begin (his birthday is Monday).

Birthday weekend 001

A Mother/Son Lunch Date at Chick-fil-A.  The employees are so nice I felt like it was my birthday.  They carried the tray to the table and cleaned it up for us.  Henry had a great time playing in the play gym area.

Birthday weekend 005

Then we went to T@rget to pick up some birthday items for the two family parties we will have over the next couple of days.

Birthday weekend 006

 

I want my son to have a nice second birthday party, but, listen folks, I am no Myriah Mae.  She is the party queen.  End of story.  No competition.  But I would still like to beat her in blog followers.  So follow my blog please?

I did much more link love earlier this week: A Girl Can Dream.

I have also been dreaming of a luxurious bed minus dog hair, dog smell and (don’t tell my husband) minus a dog all together.   We live in a rental that is much smaller than the last house we owned.  No beautiful couch my dog destroyed  ratty old sofa to send her off to.  Folks, she sleeps with us.  And that makes for a lot of  too much work.  And our sheets seriously need to be replaced (we have more than one set, but one is our favorite).  Seriously.

gray and yellow bedroom

I really like this look (photo credit).

Birthday weekend 008

But, hay, we’re in a rental and on a budget.  So I started with the bedding from Ikea.  It was inexpensive.

And I have been surfing the world on sale on British Airways and dreaming of a European vacation or missions trip.

I have been missing my favorite park in Rockport and Harbor today.

Taken for my website Meandering Maine.  And praying for God’s leading for Meandering Maryland.

The birthday cake I hope to make my child.   He LOVES cows.

Really excited for my gorgeous missionary friend and her family who are serving in Zambia and expecting another baby!

Thankful an awesome church that teaches us to live by the Word of God. 

God answer my prayers, but if You don’t, do something greater.  I heard that in a Bible study I was in this week.

Really trusting God for every part of my life.  I want to be done doing the work.  I want to receive, receive, receive from Him without getting in the way.

 

Thanks

for letting us link up with you.  It’s an honor.

6 comments:

myriahmae said...

LOVE your Ikea bedding by the way!!

myriahmae said...

ps......not going to the aquarium....not now...not ever....i still love you very much....but the aquarium is never happening....and i think you know why.

Rachael said...

can I put why in my link love next week?

Cherish Stockdale said...

love your bedding and the dream bedding. we used to have our dog sleep with us but i couldn't handle the hair anymore now she is happy in our master closet in a crate! lol
that was a good day!

Alyss said...

You have such sweet links this week. All are very persona to you. Thanks for giving a glimpse into your life! Prayers that you can let go and trust in God. Isn't it so hard?!

Unknown said...

i enjoyed your spicy link this week... love the sheets... am praying about meandering maryland..let me know when it materializes.. i will call the birthday boy on monday. what time is good? i don't want to interfere with a party of other things.

love, b.j.