Thursday, January 19, 2012

We’re Having Another Boy

If I could get into my computer screen and do a halleluiah dance or fall prostrate to my Father in heaven to display to the whole world how grateful I am to have had a healthy ultrasound today I would.  I don’t like the looks of myself in a photo but nothing compares to the thankfulness, love and gratitude I feel towards my God and my Lord Jesus Christ.  The bonus is we are having a baby boy!  I have to confess I was rather shocked because everyone else was telling me I was having a girl and I became convinced.  I ALMOST purchased a dress on Zulilly AND I have only been mulling over girls’ names in my head.  Before I found about Henry I couldn’t imagine having a boy even though I was pretty sure I was having one.  Now I couldn’t imagine life without him!  So two boys it is!  Now I just have to get into the swing of it in my mind and start thinking about boys’ names and boys’ things (boys’ clothes just aren’t as exciting). 

I would show photos of the ultrasound but I have to take photos of the photos and it’s easier during the day.  Speaking of day, this day will be a day to remember on top of the aforementioned because I got pulled over by the police on the way to my appointment and was late!  Another story in itself!

Here’s some text from babycenter.com….

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

I’m not really getting last week’s size of a turnip and this week’s size of a bell pepper because in my mind the former is larger than latter.  But hey, it’s an illustration.

No comments: