Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Night–Church & Downtown Abbey ♥

Pastor Wright’s Sunday night message was a hallmark.  Listen here.  He comes after Pastor Cannon who also preached a great message.  I have never heard humility and lowliness put the way he did tonight.  We can choose to humble ourselves and God will get us where we want to be even if we don’t know how to get there.  If we don’t choose humility we eventually get humiliation.  Trying to use our own resources.  Being lowly can seem like quitting.  But it’s not giving up, it’s giving over.  Wow.  I love it.  Going right along with the new Bible study I started Stepping Up by Beth Moore.  It’s on the Psalms of Ascent.  Hooked already and only on day three of homework.

Pinned Image

I am not one to have a “show” but I do go nuts over Masterpiece Theatre series.  I have always watched them after the fact on Netflix, but for the first time ever, Dave and I are watching a series as it airs and we are hooked.  We watched season one of Downtown Abbey online just before we moved to Maryland and now we are watching season two.  So good.

No comments: