Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let the Fortification Begin

Dave just got home and asked me to make him a Greek yogurt smoothie (he is not gluten or dairy free).  I wasn’t really up to it but then, of course, did it but had to add some humor to the process.  He was over seeing me pull out the ingredients from the freezer and with an evil laugh I said, “Let the fortification begin!”  He didn’t appreciate it.  “No flax seed or any thing that makes it gritty or grainy!”

Where did I get this from?  Earlier today Stacey was shamelessly bragging about how her first custard she made for her ailing mother in-law turned out great thanks to the guidance of my mother.  I asked if she fortified it and she asked me how I knew my mother wanted her to fortify it.  I grew up with her.  A quick bread is code word for protein bar in disguise.  I know all about Sonja Sue’s fortification.

P.s. Stacey wasn’t really bragging.  It just went with the story better.

No comments: