Thursday, January 5, 2012

4 Months Pregnant

I have been thinking I should really have a photo taken of myself but that usually isn’t high on every woman’s list.

Captivated.  That’s how I feel about Henry.  Last night I was meditating a lot because I just couldn’t sleep.  I am so in awe that there was nothing and then there is Henry.  He is this miraculous being created by God.  I just can’t get over it.

I was also thinking how a relationship with a child as a parent can be much like our relationship with God.  I had a lot of fear before becoming a parent – how it would fit into my life and I think many people have that with God.  “I am just so busy and I have so many priorities that don’t include a child or God.”  And I think people who have a child or have a relationship with God can get jealous or bitter towards God or the child for infringing on their own personal desires.  BUT for the most part, I think it goes like this.  I was thinking of that foam spray that used to be used and may still be used to filling cracks around a door.  I remember my grandparents had it in their hallway leading to their den and it was orange and hard.  When God or a a child comes into your life there is so much joy and love that you never knew before.  With God it fills a void that it was designed to fill.  With both child and God, your life is overflowing with love and the cracks begin to be filled and then it expands so much that all those things you were worried about losing start breaking apart and you don’t even care.  Because, now (especially with God), you are living how you were created to live and you realize all those other things are blessings (maybe cursings) and they just don’t matter as much anymore.

I am overwhelmed with the love for my child and my currently-being-formed-child and especially overwhelmed with a gentle, loving, giving, Fatherly, teaching, caring Creator Who has blessed my life with these people.

Text via babycenter

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments: