Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Than Cousins

My group of cousins (pictured above with Vinny and me who are the blondest kids on the left) on my dad’s side who are all siblings were the closest in age to Vinny and me on either side of the family.  We were close when we were little then both of our families experienced some changes (including physical distance) which were factors in us not seeing much of each other until we were teenagers.   Then we were close again for a few years and family changes along with going different places as young adults allowed us to drift apart again.  The last few years I have had more contact with all but Will who is the youngest and closest to my age.   This past week God has given me an extraordinary blessing by reconnecting with Will and meeting his wife (online & texting).  I have learned that in all these years apart we have become more alike than we could have ever imagined.  I can clearly see the hand of God has been firmly on the lives of each of these cousins.  Will and his wife are walking with God and it’s their desire to serve Him with all of their hearts and glorify Him in everything they do.  I am so excited to share this walk with them and not only call them my cousins but my brother and sister in Christ.

My cousin Matt & his wife Kimberli and Norita & Will.

No comments: