Friday, January 20, 2012

It’s a Boy (continued)

DSC_1604

Here’s my attempt to take a photo of the ultrasound profile.  Baby boy was quite busy during the ultrasound – making the tech a little impatient with him.

Wednesday night we go to church (Henry included unless Me-maw watches him).  Usually a late night doesn’t impact wake up time – just the attitude on Thursday morning.  Yesterday was an exception.  Henry usually wakes up between 7:30 – 8:00 and then immediately is ready for breakfast.  I had to force him awake at ten after nine.  We rushed to my Bible study which is 20 – 25 minutes away.  Rushed to pick up a rotisserie chicken at Walmart after on the way to Stacey’s house.  Tried to get Henry to eat as much as possible in the 15 minutes we had to spare.  Jumped back in the car with Stacey in tow.  Got into a conversation and completely missed the no turn on red sign minutes away from our destination.  I confessed to the officer I was a totally distracted driver.  When he was sitting in his car for several minutes my nervousness about the ultrasound mutated into irrational fears about what the officer was about to do.  Fortunately he only gave me a warning (he really was a very nice man) but then took several minutes giving me a car seat installation tutorial.  Apparently I really needed it because I have been doing it completely wrong for almost three years.  And, no, it wasn’t simple things that I missed.  It was things I didn’t even know existed.  I asked Stacey if she ever knew and she admitted she didn’t either.

We got to the appointment almost 25 minutes late and the receptionist said I couldn’t be seen at that time.  I was relieved I didn’t get a ticket but a little nerved up from the event and even more so that the ultrasound would be delayed.  I just wanted to breathe a sigh of relief that the baby was okay.

While I rushed into the building, Stacey so kindly helped Henry out of the car.  While she was getting him out he told her he wanted to read the Dora book inside.  She didn’t really believe that he knew that since the building was non-descript and he had only been there once before a few months prior.  When they came inside she told me she had to see something.  Henry ran across the waiting rooms, reached underneath the TV and pulled out the Dora book.  Stacey was shocked and announced to the entire waiting room that Henry was a genius.  That made my day before my day was made by the ultrasound.

We were called into the ultrasound room within 30 – 45 minutes.  The tech was very stoned faced which made this nervous mother a little more nervous.  She allowed me to go to the bathroom after the major photos were taken and I did some serious praying while I was in there.  I came back out and her mood seemed a little lighter (what’s up with some female ultrasound techs? – this wasn’t my first nerve-racking experience).  I told her everyone told me I was having a girl and she quickly corrected the situation with an image of some very male parts.  She told me everything looked good at the end which really set my mind at ease.  I walked out of the building 10 feet above the path I walked in.  And celebrated with some gluten free chocolate covered pretzels.  Who doesn’t want to eat after stress? 

I am so thankful to God for the wonderful blessing of a baby boy.  So thankful!

1 comment:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Congrats! As a mama with 3 boys, I can tell you that they are going to have a blast together. : )