Monday, October 24, 2011

Under Major Distress

This project is not my next in order but after waiting over a month to receive hardware in  the mail, it just so happened that I was able to finish two dressers with plenty of extra time.  This one happened to be easier to put the hardware on…

bd1

I was given this dresser by my friend Amy.  Unfortunately I don’t think I have a before photo. 

bd2

You can see the other dresser partially finished behind. 

bd3

Now, I know this isn’t for everyone.  I really wanted to try my hand at a very distressed piece.  This piece has a distressed dark stained top.  It was white when I received it.  I painted different shades of gold, gray and white.  I added a stain on top of the paint to age the white after it was heavily and I mean heavily distressed.  As you can see, I chipped off, scratched off, sanded off to the original stained wood that may have been painted over several times before I received it.  Then I waxed it.

bd4

The hardware is a very rustic, rusted metal hoop.  Simple but fitting.

bd5

Oh how I love the different textures and colors.  So much at work here.

DSC_2256.jpg

This is sort of a washed out photo against the bright yellow but one of the complete shape. 

No comments: