Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bittersweet Day

Last night I got some shocking news that a dear friend of ours who went into the hospital with pneumonia this past weekend will be going home to see the Lord very soon (maybe even today).  For those who know her, know there is no one like her.  She is one of the most special people in my life.  My son was supposed to be born on her birthday (his due date) but missed it by a few hours.  She spent many nights at our house in Rockport with her husband and brother in-law.  This woman is irreplaceable as her sister said.  I am sure God has a big plan for all of us left behind, especially her husband and her family because no on can fill her shoes.  I am rejoicing with her that she will meet her King.  But my heart breaks for everyone else.  Praise God for His mercy.  If you think of it, lift up her family and friends in your prayers.

1 comment:

Cassie Bustamante said...

aw, rachael- i am so sorry for loss.