Sunday, October 23, 2011

Asian Turkey Meatballs with Asian Noodles–Gluten Free

 

Were a big hit at my house this afternoon.

Pinned Image

Photo and recipe via.

I cut the meatball recipe in half.  I used the gluten free soy sauce vs. molasses.  I didn’t have any agave nectar or maple syrup on hand, so I added a small amount of Stevia to the meatballs.  I also forgot to add the lime juice, so I brushed them at the end with olive oil + lime juice.  I also made my own bread crumbs from Udi’s gluten free white bread.  Nothing fancy – just toasted the bread and then chopped it really well.

The noodles I used Asian rice noodles you can find in the Asian section of your grocery store.  I get the really thin ones that are made from rice and water and take three minutes to cook.  I left out the spinach because I didn’t have any.  The thin noodles I used produced a lot of noodles, so I added more herbs.

This meal is fantastic.  Absolutely excellent.

 

The women’s Seminar at our church yesterday was so timely and so good.  The message by the key note speaker was a hallmark.  I made it to one session after lunch but started to get a fever and the chills, so I had to get home before I passed out (I think I caught something from my aunt who was sick all week).  I feel better today and still meditating on yesterday and this morning’s message that I watched via the internet.  I don’t know how people function without the Word of God.  I really don’t.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Looks delicious. I will have to try this. :)