Thursday, July 21, 2011

Project 4–Small but Not Without Challenges

a

This was a small project but not without its challenges.

a

Here’s the beginning.  Well, not truly but close.  I had already wiped the cobwebs off from sitting is my aunt’s barn and did minor sanding.  This little table was and is going to be her husband’s night stand.  Hopefully I will get some photos when it’s moved into their newly redone room because of this.

P7141472.jpg

It looks rather cute here sitting in Fresh McKenzie’s farm shop next to my project # 3 but their bedroom is black, white and red.  So black it is.

a

My aunt bought a sample size of Behr’s black paint.  I rough sanded, primed, painted and distressed.  Then finished with wax.

My challenge with this little table was I had a very small section where the paint kept peeling off.  I think it’s because I was getting a little over confident in my abilities (beginner’s mistake!) and wasn’t taking my time.  I was finally able to correct it.  Though I’m not sure what I did differently other than be patient and take my time!

a

There are many benefits to refinishing furniture on the farm- my son loves it, having little chores to do while waiting, chatting with Stacey and just plain old fun.  But, with farm life comes dust and dirt which is challenging when making something black photo ready!  Believe it or not, it’s much more challenging than white.  I guess that’s why somebody told me long ago never to buy a black car!

Linking up here:

Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

The Shabby Nest

grabtt

Current Link Party!

Feathered Nest Friday

4 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks great! black and white are both never fail timeless colors- love the rustic appeal of this table. have agreat weekend, rachael!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I love the black. You are so talented!

BluBabesCreate said...

Looks wonderful. Come on over and see some scrapbook organization.

Dana Bishop said...

Love it! Black~ always in style :)

Thanks for sharing.

Dana
www.northwesttexas.blogspot.com