Monday, July 18, 2011

Inspiration – Kitchens

cl kitchen 1I saw this kitchen in a Country Living Magazine a few years ago and it was the inspiration for my last kitchen.

 

[house 004[3].jpg]

See more photos of our renovation before and after here.

[house 005[3].jpg]

cl kitchen 2

I really like the use of different materials in this kitchen.  The wood on the table/island.  The bead-board ceiling.  The slate floor.  I think the counters are a soapstone maybe.  So nice.  It looks a little washed out in this photo from Country Living Magazine, but I am sure it would be beautiful to behold in person.

cl kitchen 3

Very cute.  Not my style but still very cute.  This totally reminds me of colors Rye and Stacey would use.

Via

cl kitchen 4

Love the windows.  Love the floors.  Love the farm sink.  Love the marble top on the dark island.  So crisp and clean.  I love the grand scale of the drawers.  Very nice.  Great contrasting colors.

Via

cl kitchen 5

I am a sucker for bead-board and white cabinets.  Dave just said I should live in a farmhouse.  Well, I just did.  But I’m never tied down to a house or style.  Just love houses.  Maybe some day I will dare to have open shelving and/or cabinets in a kitchen because I love the look.

Via

cl kitchen 7

I love the framed doorway.  Great trim and nice and crisp and white.  I think I would do different countertops if I kept the same color wall but it all looks really nice.  Nice mix of open shelves, glass cabinet doors and cottage style cabinets.  Gorgeous.  Love the contrasting table with the color in the dining room.  Great window.

via

cl kitchen6

This is the same kitchen from a different angle.  In love with choosing light over upper cabinets.  Better to have cheer than a little extra storage.  Love the stainless stools.  Love the pendant lights.  Nice.

 

Looking at all of these for our new house.

 

P.s.  I am addicted to Pinterest.  So. much. fun.  So many great ideas.  A virtual dream board.

1 comment:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Love them all; especially the 1st!