Thursday, April 26, 2012

8 Months Pregnant–8 Weeks Until Due Date

That’s only 56 days until my due date.  That’s only 35 days until I am full-term which is May 31. But it could also be 70 more days (though I am doubting that since I went on my due date with Henry). 

Changes in pregnancy:  Bigger!  Ha-ha.  Also, I don’t remember getting back pain Henry but that was all a blur.  I do get some shooting back pain on my right side when I am sitting down or move certain ways but it really isn’t that bad.  I also see to go from very high energy to very low and vice versa. 

Henry seems to be more clingy than usual.  Not sure if it’s the baby regression phase.  His doctor said it’s pretty normal for children his age to regress in behavior when it gets closer to the due date.

Cravings:  I seem to really love something for a while and then it pretty much grosses me out.  But that’s how I am on a normal basis.  I have been really wanting Strawberry coconut ice cream and fruit flavored sorbets.  But it’s not always easy to find or nothing seems too great when looking at the grocery store.  I also just recently went on a big watermelon kick which thinking about it now makes me want to buy another one!

 

What Babycenter.com says:

 

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments: