Thursday, April 19, 2012

31 Weeks–63 Days Until Due Date & More

What Baby Center says:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What I say:

We had our most recent check up on Tuesday.  Both children did very well.  My belly is measuring right on target.  My doctor is wonderful.  And Henry didn’t have a break down this week.  I go every two weeks until I am 36 weeks (1 week before full term) and then every week after.  This third trimester seems to be flying by.  I can’t believe there are only 63 days until my due date and I could go any where from two weeks before to two weeks after.  I would rather go late than go now.  Just praying to make it as smoothly to full term. 

When ever Henry accidently hits me too hard in the belly and I tell him, he says sorry to his little brother.  It’s just adorable. 

I feel pretty good.  The baby movement does wake me up at night at times.  He seems to be restless when I am sleeping and sleeping when I am restless.  Let’s hope that’s for now Smile.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Things I have been meditating on:

I recently studied some Ancient Israeli king’s lives through Beth Moore’s Breaking Free study workbook.   I read the book a few years ago but am finding that I am profoundly impacted by the study of these kings and the tearing down of high places and strongholds.  Here are some thoughts that hit me again:

Usually pride becomes an issue when someone is doing well with God and what is right in the eyes of God.  The person begins to think somehow they merited God’s favor like Hezekiah when God gave him 15 more years and then he became proud.  Pride is so dangerous.  God convict me of pride.  (of course it can affect us even when we are living in sin which I believe his name was King Ahaz who wouldn’t repent because of pride).

I am doing this all from memory, so forgive mistakes please.  King Uzziah’s son Jotham (?) did what was right in the eyes of God after his father had a major fall in the end of his life because of pride.  BUT he was relaxed in tearing down the idols and high places.  I think it’s so amazing and such proof that we need to guard each part of our life, not for our sakes (of course for ours) but for the future of our children.  His son Ahaz (I believe) became very evil because he was never protected by his father.  What a responsibility we have to glorify God in all we do.  What’s amazing about Manasseh is he was SO evil!  So!  But he responded to being broken and repented and became a very godly king! 

So that brings me to my meditation today:  Glorifying God in all I do.  What does bringing glory to God mean?  Does it mean I give him recognition when something great happens in my life – like Tim Tebow does when he plays football (Tim Tebow is awesome!).  Of course.  God’s glory is the way he makes Himself recognizable (credit to Breaking Free).  I was created to bring glory to God.  I was created for God to make Himself recognizable to me.  And I was created for others to recognize Him through me.  Is Christ recognizable in me?  Thankfully in Col 1:27 Christ is in me and in 2 Cor 3:17-18 as we grow in His Word, we are being transformed into His image.  And if I live a Galatians 2:20 life, it’s no longer I but Christ who lives in me, I will more and more reveal Christ to others in the details, the process of my life and not just giving Him thanks at the end of something great (when I score a touch down – yah, right, let’s face it, that’s never going to happen).  So I learn to feast on the Word and it overflows to the most important people of my life, my husband and son when I communicate and live in the mundane details of life.  Now that for me is a big test.  Big.  Revealing Christ to my son when the day is long, the attitude is strong and my patience is gone!  Ha-ha.  I am growing!

No comments: