Monday, May 2, 2011

This Really Blessed Me...

Last night at the end of church service Pastor Schaller, the head pastor of our church, asked that all the Bible College students to come up front on the stage (Maryland Bible College & Seminary is affiliated with our church and is where I went to school).  My photo is not that clear because I was sitting so far back and then had to crop it but you get the gist.  There are many nationalities represented and many ages. 

Do you see Pastor Schaller's arms raised cheering them on and praising God?  Between his arms stands a lady named Marian Frankehauser (not sure if I am spelling correctly).  She has raised four children, served our country for several years in the army, is a registered nurse and recently lost her husband just before he was supposed to retire from the military as a colonel.  She has been in Bible College part time for 31 years and she is graduating this May.  The heart ache, the faithfulness of God, the steadfast walk of and in her life bring tears to my eyes. 

Many of these students will be on the missionfield and while we are so blessed to all have different callings and thank God for all of them, isn't it so amazing to serve the Lord?  And, yes, we can serve the Lord in whatever we do, but to be called to serve the Lord full time just blows me away.  I thank God for those who are faithful to the call.  I don't know how to put it into words.

My husband is going to return to Bible College this fall, Lord willing.  My prayer is he will be able to do this and experience the rich blessing that comes with making a decision like this.  I am believing God to be faithful to His Word in the life of my husband who is also believing.  Isn't it great that most of the battle is in our minds and we just have to believe it will be as God has said in Acts 27:25?  We are believing.

We are always on the missionfield but both have it in our hearts to be on the foreign missionfield.  We will trust God for his plan and watch Him do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ever ask or think.

So blessed by others lives who make a decision for the Lord.

1 comment:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

My heart breaks for the woman who lost her husband, but rejoices that we serve a God who will comfort her and guide her.