Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Trust

Loved, loved the message at church tonight.  Was so good.  Based on Proverbs 3:5&6 – Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.  I love the ALL’s in this verse.  Not trust in the Lord with part or most or until something comes up where you need to take control.  All.  Trust with ALL of my heart.  And lean not on my own understanding.   In ALL of my ways acknowledge Him.  Not the ways where God seems to fit in or when it’s convenient or when my life is really bad.  Wow.  A lesson to learn over and over and over and over again.

When I went to Ukraine the first time I made one of the best friends of my life on the trip.  Even though she’s a Canadian (ha-ha).  And a French Canadian (the brunt of many a Mainer’s jokes – I am just joking though).  She sang this song and it has been one of my favorites since.  I think I made her sing this song to me over and over and over again when we were in our room at night in Odessa.  There was no sleeping because the techno music was blaring so loudly.  Anyway.  I love this song.  And I love the message tonight.  And I love my pastor.  Always preaching a message from the heart of God that provokes such deep meditation.  I really needed it. 

No comments: