Friday, May 6, 2011

Thoughts on Friday

Hmm...

A little groggy this afternoon.  Too many fountain sodas yesterday = lack of sleep.

I have so many things on my heart this week:

First - So proud of my cousin.  Read her story here.

Second - So thankful for my mother.  After losing my brother suddenly almost three years ago, I want to be constantly reminded that tomorrow is not promised to any of us.  Don't want to take for granted the days/moments we have to be together on this earth and so grateful for eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ a Gift from God.  And the gift he gave me in my mother.

Third - That brings me to my third thought this week.  Sometimes I find myself tired with a lack of concentration in the worship service when we come into church.  Often times I am late from dropping my child off at the child care (praise God for servants who volunteer).  Is it ever hard to believe something for yourself?  That God really loves you?  Well He does, but that's another point.  If I'm am finding it hard to get into an attitude of praise, I remember that my brother is with Jesus.  This Gospel that is faith and hope to us (Heb 11:1) is reality for him.  Because it's reality for him and nothing has separated him from the love of God, it brings me to tears.  It brings me to my knees inside my heart.  It is real.  It's real.  Oh I know it's real.  Because I know where my brother is, it makes it so real for me.  I have no doubt.

Forth:  I love George Muller.  I have decided I want to study his life more.  I have read one biography about him but aren't you encouraged by great men and women of God?  Can you believe that George Muller's (God's) orphan ministry raised over 30 million dollars in 105 years through prayer only never asking for a dime (I'm quoting Pastor Scibelli's message on Wednesday night)?  In Isaiah 36 an angel of the Lord killed 185,000 soldiers that surrounded Jerusalem and there was no way out for the people of God.  All because they prayed.  Oh, there is a way out.  The power of prayer. 

Lastly, how could I not be grateful for the very being that made me a mother - my little nugget.  He is the most loving boy on earth.  I can't get enough of it.
Here he is opening Easter gifts this morning from his grandmother Valerie.  She just got over being sick since before Easter.  I am so grateful for her life because she has such a wonderful son.


Photobucket


3 comments:

Amy Sullivan said...

Bounced over from Casey's.

I love your header! Way cute pictures. I also just clicked over and read your cousin's story that she bravely posted, and I think your second point is something we should strive to remember. "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us".

Jedi & fam - once upon a time lol - not anymore said...

that's awesome about george muller! I remember a turning point that happened in my life while reading his auto-biography. What a conviction he had about prayer in regards to asking... it is deeply inspiring!
Hey share your secret... how can we have a header like that with different pages to click on. And also create a button - it all looks so fun! God bless you Rachael, greetings to Dave & Henry!

Heart n Soul said...

aww....know that feeling of never getting enough...so sweet.