Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Proof

P5171071.jpg

Here’s proof that Henry is actually eating.  And there are things for him to eat.  I would much rather deal with diet restrictions than with a suppressed immune system, doing a number on his digestive system and dealing with major skin issues.

What can he eat?  Meat without hormones with the exception of beef.  All Vegetables.  All fruit once we get rid of his candida.  Coconut ice cream (made from no dairy and no added sugar and is one of the best sources of fat for children).  Potatoes, rice.

How does he get all of the fat he needs?  I actually think the diet restrictions are making us healthier eaters.  Well at least Henry and me.  I put sprouted flaxseed flakes on most of his food.  I use lots of fatty oils on his food and he can also have butter because butter doesn’t carry the casein protein found in dairy which he tested very high as an allergy. 

What do we do for milk?  So far I have found he enjoys rice milk the most.  Soy is highly allergic substance and is very high in phytoestrogens so we won’t even touch anything soy.  I tried Coconut milk because it’s very, very high in fat content and great for growing brains.  He doesn’t care for it but does love the coconut version of ice-cream.

What do we do to replace juice?  I know it’s so bad that he was so used to drinking juice all the time.  We were feeding his yeast problem with all of those sugars.  I have been giving him water.  When he was really sick he wasn’t keeping anything down.  Then finally he was able to drink some organic chicken broth.  Now, I find it a great alternative if he wants something with flavor as gross as that may sound to you.  It’s so good for him.

What do we do for sugar?  This little boy is a choc-o-holic.  Big time.  He can’t have any sugar for a while because of his yeast problem.  He can have coconut crystals which are made from coconut tree sap, are very low in the glycemic index, are very good for you, and don’t even taste like coconut.  He also can have Stevia because Stevia does not feed the Candida.

He can’t have goat’s milk because it tests too close to cows and I tested allergic to it.  We didn’t have time to test him on that but since his casein allergy is so high we are keeping him off goat products but he can have sheep’s cheese, yogurt and water buffalo mozzarella.  I found the water buffalo mozzarella at Costco and do find it a bit gamey tasting.  Oh well.  The sheep’s yogurt isn’t bad.

Is throwing up a normal detox?  There isn’t a normal detox to allergens.  Each body is different.  Henry is doing much better today. 

He has been sleeping better since his diet change which might just be his body getting over the change.  I am not going to live in a fantasy it will last but it would be great if it did.

We have been battling severe skin issues for quite some time with him.  It seemed to improve when we moved – meaning his wrists and inner arms were the only outbreak places and those places were pretty much always broken out.  Recently it has appeared again on his face, neck and arms.  Usually this happens when his immune system is down.  Since we changed his diet his neck cleared up and his wrists are clearing up but still have some residual outbreak.  The real test will be time.

I am hoping the loss of pigment on places on his arm (vitiligo) will clear up as I have read it is a condition that occurs with a suppressed immune system which is often tied to gluten intolerance.

Henry has never been regular with his bowel movements.  He has soft stool, diarrhea often and sometimes goes a day or two without a movement.  I am happy to report he has had two regular bowel movements a day since we switched his diet.  Yay, God!  And I mean it!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Some cute things about Henry:

He loves to play with my hair when he ends up sleeping in our bed.

Last night I kept listening for him hoping he wouldn’t wake up sick. He woke up crying at midnight and I went to get him out of his room.  When I picked him up, he squeezed me tight and patted me on the back.

He wraps his little arm around my neck when we are lying down together.

He’s my little love bug.

He just put the rest of his lunch down his shirt.

He loves tractors.

He loves farms.

He loves animals.

He loves flowers.

He loves babies.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I love how the end of 1 Cor. 12 ends.  And I will show you a still more excellent way.

27Now you are (AF)Christ's body, and (AG)individually members of it.

28And God has (AH)appointed in (AI)the church, first (AJ)apostles, second (AK)prophets, third (AL)teachers, then (AM)miracles, then (AN)gifts of healings, helps, (AO)administrations, various (AP)kinds of tongues.

29All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they?

30All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not (AQ)interpret, do they?

31But (AR)earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

What is the more excellent way?  Read 1 Cor 13.  Love.

1 Corinthians 13

1If I speak with the (A)tongues of men and of (B)angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a (C)clanging cymbal.

2If I have the gift of (D)prophecy, and know all (E)mysteries and all (F)knowledge; and if I have (G)all faith, so as to (H)remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3And if I (I)give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I (J)surrender my body [a]to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

4Love (K)is patient, love is kind and (L)is not jealous; love does not brag and is not (M)arrogant,

5does not act unbecomingly; it (N)does not seek its own, is not provoked, (O)does not take into account a wrong suffered,

6(P)does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but (Q)rejoices with the truth;

7(R)bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of (S)prophecy, they will be done away; if there are (T)tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

9For we (U)know in part and we prophesy in part;

10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

12For now we (V)see in a mirror dimly, but then (W)face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also (X)have been fully known.

13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is (Y)love.

Count what love is.  1. Love is patient.  2.  Love is kind.  3.  Love is not jealous.  And go ahead and count the rest.  It’s such a good exercise.

Can’t we be unkind and impatient to the ones we love?

No comments: