Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday

Like my original title?  It's all I can come up with right now. 


This is the dresser as I dragged it out of Stacey's shop to start sanding.  It's VERY heavy!  Very.


I took all the drawers out and started sanding.  I only had 120 grit paper and it was taking a long time!  Long!  I was praying to God that Johnny and Stacey would show up (I am fixing it at their farm) and Johnny would have some lower grit paper.  My prayers were answered!  The old finish flew off the top with the lower grit!

You can sort of get the gist of what the top looks like now by this photo.  The wood is gorgeous!  Going to look superb finished!


I have always been interested in refinishing furniture.  Just never took the time to do it right.  I have been inspired by all the ladies in blog land!


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I am also finally taking the time to post on the lovely book I received from Myriah Mae's book swap. 


I received a Williams-Sonama's Winter cookbook.  I really love cookbooks that have outstanding photos.  This one does.  It also has a nice selection of comfort food.

Here are a few recipes that have caught my eye:

Herb Roasted Chicken and

Butternut Squash Bacon Risotto.

I don't think it's possible to wrong with Williams-Sonoma anything.

No comments: