Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oh What A Night

That was the our senior class song.  Not even sure of the real name.  I was thinking that line about tonight and it brought back that memory.  Funny to have a song about the summer of ‘69 be your high school song in ‘95.

Great night tonight.  Really thankful for many things. 

These nuggets are so, so cute.  So thankful that Dave is such a wonderful father.

Dave blocking the camera.

I started a Bible study by Kay Arthur Lord, Teach Me to Pray.  It’s held at the Evangelical Lutheran Church a few towns away.  I have to say I love Bible studies with homework that requires studying the Bible (ha-ha studying the Bible for a Bible study).  I just finished my first week of homework and I am getting a lot out of it.  I believe if we have the desire for God to give us the desire to pray, He is faithful.  God had to give me the desire to pray and probably most people would admit that prayer is a discipline.  I am a slow learner and it takes a lot for God to get things through my thick skull or get my flesh out of the way to speak to my human spirit.  I am thankful He has been patient and brought what I needed in my life to give me the desire to pray.  I guess it’s the bringing me to the end of myself and realizing I wasted a lot of energy trying to do it myself when He (God) can do it so much better – well, He can actually do it period, where as I am proud enough to think I can.

I am thankful that I am God’s missionfield.  I heard a pastor at our church say he was wondering why he had to be in this particular ministry (prison for murderers) for so long without any fruit and the Holy Spirit told him he (the pastor) was God’s missionfield and the situation was what He was using.  Rachael, you are the missionfield.  God is working on you.  I love it.

I loved the message tonight about God seeing the small or big things we do in private before God like when David killed the lion and bear in 2 Samuel.  He didn’t need to go telling everyone what he did.  God knew.  Then he didn’t go seeking Goliath.  God brought it.  Wow.  I think the spelling of the name Yahweh Jireh means God provides.  I am learning that God can provide even the most insignificant thing and He is large enough to vindicate us in every situation if He chooses.  It’s all by His grace.  

It really hurts to feel unloved by someone you love or have someone betray you.  I was having those thoughts today (I am not talking about Dave – we love each other very much).  But we all have people in our lives who hurt us.  And it does hurt.  It’s refreshing to read in the Bible about other people under attack and what their prayers were.  Some are very, very strong.  Henry and I are reading Nehemiah and this is from the chapter we read tonight Neh 6:

4 Hear, O our God; for we are despised: and turn back their reproach upon their own head, and give them up for a spoil in a land of captivity;

Wow.  Talk about letting God have vengeance and making it clear!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The night runners ran 2.7 miles Monday, 3.6 miles Tuesday and 3.2 miles tonight.  We are starting a night running revolution in our neck of the woods!  We had 4 of us running tonight.  The younger 2 sprinted ahead while the older 2 struggled to the finish.  Yes, I am officially one of the old folks compared to my friends teenage daughter!

1 comment:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Such great words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing. And good for you for forming a running group. I just ran my 1st 5k and it was so much fun (and hard work!).