Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Urgent

I feel like Rachael’s (Always Wanted Four) Blog should feed into mine because I want to repost everything she posts.  Please read the post below and consider praying for this girl.  I would adopt her myself but there are a few things I would need: my husband to be on the same page, a larger annual income (I think we would need one to qualify) and a larger house.  If you want to pray for God to move mountains in my life, go for it.  I am up for it!  But at least pray for this girl if God leads.

Here’s what Rachael wrote(the other Rachael not me):

 

Anastasia will turn 16 on May 15. In 32 days. She is a really sweet girl, at the same orphanage in Ukraine as Sergey, the boy we will be hosting this summer.

As more time went on without her being chosen, I actually thought about whether we might be able to host her as well. Of course, I hadn't figured out how to bring that up with my husband yet. I did mention it to my sister, Lori (who will be hosting a 14 year old girl, Anya) and she said, "Rachael, you are crazy. You're going to end up with 18 kids some day." But she added, "I do really like Nastia though..."

Nastia has no siblings and has been at the orphanage for 6 years. Here is an excerpt from her bio: "She is currently behind somewhat in school but seems to have a great attitude and ability to catch up. She likes drawing and sometimes TV, but took 1st place in her orphanage in ping pong, even beating all the boys! She loves music of all kinds, dogs and PE/sports. She likes Literature and math best in school. She is SO patient! She was the last one to interview with us and had to wait about 4-5 hours, and never lost her smile or got frustrated or tried to push in line. We knew we had one of the best ones for last with her! She is in charge of the orphanage dogs and puppies they now have and cares for them too. She wants a family with small children and understands and says she will follow family rules and try to be a good example for smaller children. Others said she is one of the best when it comes to sports!" (It's true, some of the older boys pointed out and made sure to tell us that she is really good at sports.)

Last week, I put a scholarship on Nastia, hoping it would help her chances of being chosen. Since then, an amazing thing happened - another donor has tripled that amount and boosted her scholarship to $2000! She now has 80% of the cost to get her here this summer covered! Now, we just need to find a family.

As I understand it, the family who made the donation is willing to host her if she is not chosen by her birthday. But they are not able to adopt her. Their hope is to give her one last shot at adoption before she ages out at 16. If a family who already has a home-study files with immigration before her birthday, they would then be able to host her - with most of her host fees already paid - and still have the option to move forward with adoption after that.

Could you be this girl's family? Nastia has 32 days for someone to choose her and be immigration ready, if she is to find a family.

If, you are not that family, perhaps you know someone who could be? Could you pass this information on?

Please email me if you have questions about Nastia or what would need to be done!

More information about the immigration requirements, and recent ammendments from the Julia Peck case (which allows 16 year olds to be adopted after their birthday, providing the I-600A was filed within the right time-frame) can be found on the Peck's blog, which I have linked HERE.

P.S. Simple Wishes Scholarship fund update (for Julia, Alona and Andriy, so far): $1120 donated! THANK-YOU from the bottom of my heart! Your donations are a GREAT investment in a child's future. HERE is link if you'd like to join us!

No comments: