Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fun with Friends


Every time I look at the picture of Jon-Jon on the horse in this post I almost pee my pants laughing.  So. much. fun! 

Craziness!

Henry just before I gave him a bag of M&M's to keep him occupied in the church cafe on Wednesday.
 

Here is our church cafe. I love it so much.  Henry and I go at least once a week to hear a lunch time devotional.  Usually I bring toys, this week I occupied him with pure sugar.  Maybe why he woke up for good at 3:30 am on Thursday.


My niece Hana flew in on Thursday for a week visit with us.  She flew all by herself for the first time! 
Inspite of being dead tired, I decided to make the most of the day on Thursday and bring Hana directly to the inner harbor.  We had a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

I learned quickly that occupying a 12 year old and toddler at the same time isn't for the faint of heart.  So we packed a lot into yesterday. 


We visited the tulip gardens in an absolutely stunning community.  Hana and I were dreaming of living in one of the Mansions that line the streets.




So sometimes I am a slow learner and sometimes quick.  Yesterday I learned very quickly there's safety in numbers when it comes to kids.  So we invited Lulu and Emma (daughters of my friends who are sisters) to come to the farm with us.

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.  Emma who is only seven, had no problem gathering eggs in the midst of many chickens.  Lulu, who is only eight and Emma's older cousin, was terrified and quickly claimed to be a city girl.


Here are the girls plus Henry after a real live egg hunt, chasing horses, eating ice-cream at a dreamy creamery, picking flowers in the woods, checking out the Peacocks, playing candy land, a late dinner and setting up a tent in my back yard.  We all created grand plans of camp fires, smores, and tenting out overnight.  All happened except the sleeping outside.  Praise God because the terrential downpours that began this morning would have put a damper on the fun.

P.s.  Hana is STILL sleeping!

No comments: