Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where Did He Go?

Some night over the last couple of weeks a baby went to sleep and a little boy woke up.  It was so subtle I couldn’t even tell you the exact date.  So subtle yet so extreme.  I don’t have a baby anymore.   It’s a bitter sweet time.  I have to say I am enjoying almost every moment of Henry’s little senses being captivated by the world around him.  He is constantly tasting new food, noticing new things and saying new words.  He is very opinionated about what he likes and dislikes yet he has the sweetest little boy attitude I have ever encountered.  He is truly a love bug.  He loves to hug and and loves to kiss. 

The other day he did something that hurt me and I told him to say he was sorry.  He did and the day went on.  Then a couple of days later (Friday, I think), I put him in his room for his quiet time since he has rarely taken a nap in months.  He got progressively louder bouncing of the walls, so I went in to check on him and found piles of wet wipes in his bed.  I asked him what he had done and he could tell I wasn’t happy.  “Tor-we, Momma.  Tor-we.”  He kept saying sorry in his little boy way that totally killed me.  I couldn’t believe he remembered and he applied it in the correct situation.  Well, now he is saying sorry every time he kinda maybe does something on purpose but wants to get away with it.

Putting on Daddy’s hat and gloves.  Taking them off.  Putting them on Daddy.  Taking them off.  Putting them on Mommy.

Someone was a little difficult to photograph this morning.  He had to wear his boots even though he was only in his diaper.

1 comment:

Boni Lady said...

how old is he? he's cute, but can't believe he doesn't nap anymore... that's so sad... LOL... i LIVE for nap time!!