Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rustic Table ~ Start to Finish

b

I am really disappointed in the quality of photos.  Unfortunately, I finished the table tonight and the lighting in Stacey’s Egg Shop (where I do most of the work) was rather dim at that hour.  But I will press on and show you start to finish of this wood table I purchased at Goodwill:

DSC_0082.jpg

Here it is in the beginning.  I had just begun to sand the top and do a rough sand all around.

DSC_0084.jpg

Here is my brilliant idea of flipping the table upside down and painting the legs.  I thought this would make it much easier.  Not so much.  No matter how you slice it, part of the legs will be close to the ground. 

DSC_0085.jpg

I painted the legs with primer and white paint.

DSC_0087.jpg

Started sanding the very beat up top of the table…

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Started to rain directly after applying the stain.  Bummer.

DSC_0115.jpg

Layered light and a little darker gray paint on bottom part of table.

a-6.jpg

The top is distressed and waxed.  I love how it turned out.

a-2.jpg

The legs are distressed and waxed.

a-1.jpg

I love how the darker gray under the lighter gray and the white paint give it depth.

DSC_0154-1.jpg

a-3.jpg

Linking up here:

Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

The Shabby Nest

grabtt

Current Link Party!

Feathered Nest FridayPhotobucket

7 comments:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

This turned out great! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Cassie Bustamante said...

the top turned out awesome! and you know i love those blue/grays!

Jessica said...

Awesome!! Love that stained top.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Great work! It's such a cool table.

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Your table looks great, you did an awesome job. I'm curious about the colored doors (I think?) in the background, they look very cool.

Cynthia said...

This looks great! I love the stained top!

Inspired by you said...

Love it! Love it!