Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Love Means to Follow

Taken from Istanbul Greater Grace – both words and picture…

There is only one way to love Jesus and it is by following him.
“He who has my commandments and keeps them , it is he who loves me.
And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and
manifest myself to him.” John 14:21
When you follow someone on an easy road you don’t worry about their
character too much. When going gets more demanding and tough your
relationship with the leader stirs up more questions,
“Does he know what he is doing; Can I trust him; Does he know where I
am at? ”
Following from a distance is not possible for a long time. You loose your
connection. Following means nearness.
I think that Jesus lived a very dynamic life on the earth.
When he called people to follow he was moving.
When people responded to his call, they knew that their life would never
be the same.
That’s what it means to follow him, constant changes.
If I don’t want any changes in my life, I’d better stop following
and – loving Him.

1 comment:

myriahmae said...

SOOOO stealing this and putting it on my blog too!